An easy to sew dress in fabulous Stretch Velour
Sewing stretch fabrics the easy way
I have had such a lot of good feedback from my previous post for Jaycotts about sewing stretch fabrics that I decided to show you a very easy to make and extremely easy to wear stretch dress.
If you think that stretch fabrics are not for you then think again. A figure hugging garment in the correct size looks great on most figures.
This is how to wear a stretch dress
- Don't make it too clingy or it will show up the lumps and bumps we all have.
- Choose a thicker fabric with just a small amount of stretch
- Choose a darker colour and possibly a print
- Wear the correct underwear - there is a lot of very good shapewear and it will help you to feel confident
- Don't be frightened of accentuating your waist with a wide belt
The pattern I chose is McCall's 6886 it can be ordered from Jaycotts on this link.
It is a pattern which uses a medium weight, moderate stretch jersey knit fabric, so it is perfect for what we want.