Thursday, 21 January 2021
Thursday, 14 January 2021
More loungewear to sew, easy for beginners
I have shown you how to sew loungewear before but I don't know about you but I need some more.
This is a post for beginners and those not used to sewing stretch fabrics. Use the search tool in the sidebar to find mote posts for "sewing Newbies "
I have a disability as you know, I have Parkinsons, so please never give up on doing what you love, its just a question of finding different ways to do things.
I have been raiding my stash and finding any fabric with stretch, from Ponte Roma to a wool melange knit and this is my result.
Sunday, 3 January 2021
This is a tutorial about working seams,finishing seams, and sewing straight seams
A Jaycotts.co.uk blog post
Recently I have had people tell me that it is years since they last used a sewing machine and could not sew in a straight line.
What is a seam?
- Pin the seam together right sides of the fabric together normally, but there are exceptions which we will come to later
- Pin the seam edges together matching the ends, notches and any other markings
- Hand tack the seam. You can omit this if your fabric is easy to handle and if you are experienced at sewing.
- Stitch the seam with thread which exactly matches your fabric and buy the best quality thread you can afford
- Finish the seam edge appropriately
- Trim loose threads
- Press every seam every time. Pressing gives a crisp edge and makes the thread sink into the fabric making the stitches invisible.
How to sew a straight seam - some tips
Wednesday, 2 December 2020
This beautiful dress is on the Minerva.com website and isn't it fabulous!
Do please read the post, this fabric comes in three colours in all and it is really special to wear
#minervamakes #sewing #winterfashion #fashion #dress
#dressmaking #jerseyfabric #jerseyknit #sewaholic #sewingblogger
#sewinginspiration #isewlation #isewmyclothes #minervamakers #isewlated2020 #handmade #tutorial #sewsewsew
Thursday, 26 November 2020
This is a post which you will find on Minerva.com website
These trousers are amazing - I have in fact made a second pair since. The design feature on .the legs makes them special and the fabric is oh so comfortable.
Here is the link
Please do read my post, links to the pattern and fabric are all on the post
#SewAngelicThreads #sewing #winterfashion #fashion #diywardrobe #trouserstyles #handmadewithlove #fabric #sewingblogger #sewinginspiration #minervamakes #minervamakers #isewlation #isewmyclothes #sewingteacher #sewingprojects #isew #sewsewsew